When God created woman, he worked late on the sixth day.
An angel came by and asked, “Why spend so much time with her?”
The Lord answered. “Have you seen all the specifications I have to meet to shape her?”
- She has to function in all possible situations.
- She has to be able to embrace several children at the same time.
- Be capable of a hug that can heal anything from a crushed knee to a broken heart.
- She has to do it all with only two hands.
- She heals herself when she is sick and can work 18 hours a day.
The angel was impressed: “With only two hands … impossible! And this is the standard model?”
The angel came closer and touched the woman.
“But you made her so soft, sir.”
“She’s soft,” said the Lord.
“But I have made her strong. You can’t imagine what she can endure and overcome.”
“Can she think?” asked the angel…
The Lord answered, “she can’t just think, she can reflect and negotiate.”
The angel touched her cheeks…
“Lord, it seems that this creation is leaking! You’ve placed too many burdens on her.”
“It’s not leaking. These are tears”, the Lord corrected the angel.
“What’s that for?” asked the angel.
The Lord said, “Tears are her way of expressing her grief, her doubts, her love, her loneliness, her sorrow and her pride.” …
That made a big impression on the angel, “Lord, you are a genius. You’ve thought of everything. A woman is really wonderful.”
The Lord said: “Indeed she is.
- She has power that amazes a man.
- She can cope with problems and carry heavy loads.
- She holds happiness, love and opinions.
- She smiles when she wants to scream.
- She sings when she feels like crying, cries when she is happy and laughs when she is afraid.
- She fights for what she believes in.
- Her love is unconditional.
- Her heart is broken when a loved one or a friend dies, but she finds strength to go on living.”
The angel asked, “So, she’s a perfect being?”
The Lord replied: “No. She only has one disadvantage. She often forgets what she’s worth”.